Mobile Air Traffic Control Towers can be equipped to handle anything from 10 – 600 movements a day, and provide the same level of ATC as a static tower but have the flexibility of being mobile and transportable. Other advantages over permanent towers include cost benefits and the speed of delivery, usually taking only 6 months to arrival on site.
The tower elevates to 7m operator seated height and allows for 3 operators plus 1 supervisor position. The internal fit is designed specifically to meet the precise operational requirements of the end user but be flexible in terms of upgrades and/or additional equipment requirements to cope with local operating conditions.
Mobile Air Traffic Control Systems have specifically designed their mobile system for uncomplicated Rapid Deployment with a minimum of parts.
Whether it is to be used for military applications, a stand-by or disaster relief, it is important that the unit can be deployed quickly and efficiently.
The Systems all feature a new Automatic Levelling System and remotely controlled deployment that levels and deploys the cabin to full height and locks it in position hydraulically in under 5 minutes. The system has been designed to be deployed by 2-4 men in under an hour.
- All equipment needed for deployment is stored within the cabin or trailer system – the unit is completely self contained.
- No need for any special lifting or handling equipment to deploy.
- Towers can be run off mains or powered by a generator.
- The Cabin is trailer mounted for reliability, ease of use and flexibility – the cabin can be removed in 15 minutes.
- Multi-level towing positions to cope with variety of different towing vehicles.
- Robust heavy duty trailer system with EBS that automatically adjusts the air suspension to ensure the system remains level when being towed.
- The trailer has adjustable air suspension to increase or decrease ground clearance.
- Simple deployment – ONLY FOUR BOLTS in the entire deployment so less to lose and less FOD.
- C-130, C-17, IL-76 and Heavy Lift Helicopter transportable.
- Tower has 3 operating heights, elevating to a maximum of 7m operator seated height.
- Up to 4 operator positions
- Cabins fitted with fully plug and play integrated systems comprising usually of military or commercial air to ground communications, voice switching and recording, meteorological reporting, navigational equipment and ground to ground communications to customer specification.
- 360 ° vision from all operator positions.
- LED lights throughout including the stairs.
- High spec ATC double glazed glass.
- Dual Air Conditioning Units.
- Ballistic protection and Bullet Proof Glass options.
- Operators can safely evacuate the cabin in under 20 seconds unlike some towers that require an elevator.
- Tower meets all Safety Regulations including Working at Height and evacuation procedures.